Thursday, October 27, 2011

Love Story

I sat in my room and paused my video game and searched the room for my cell phone. I grabbed it and dialed my girlfriend Sarah’s number. I really wanted to talk to her.
"Hello?” she answered.
“Hey hun, how are you? I replied.
“Okay… you?”
“Is something wrong?”
 “No, I’m just a little stressed out.”
“Oh ok. Well do you want to go to the movies tonight to get your mind off everything?”
“Can’t. I have a doctor’s appointment.”
“For what?”
“I just have to get a couple shots.”
“Oh ok.”
“Yeah……..”
“Well I’ll see you at school tomorrow”.
“Okay, bye.”
“Bye.”
“Wait.”
“Yeah?”
“How much do you love me?”
“More than anything in the world.”
“Really?”
“Of course, why?”
Silence filled the air.
“Are you sure your ok?”
“Yeah. I’m fine” she insisted.
“Are you sure?” I asked.
“Yes.”
“I hope so.”
“I have a question.”
“Hit me.”
“How much do you care about me?”
“More than you could imagine.”
“Yeah?”
“Mhmmmm.”
“Thanks.”
“Sure.”
“Would you die for me?”
“I would take a bullet for you Sarah, I love you.
“Awwww, thanks.”
“Well I’ll talk to you later.”
“Yup. See you at school.”
“Ok bye.”
“Bye.”
It was the next day and I was sitting on the bus on my way to school. I was really anxious to see Sarah. After the talk last night I became a little worried about her. We got to school and I hopped off the bus and ran inside. When I got to my locker my best friend Josh was standing there.
“Hey” he said.
“Hey Josh, what’s up?”
“Not much. You?”
“Not much. Have you seen Sarah anywhere man, I’ve been dying to see her ever since our talk last night. I asked.
“No actually I haven’t seen her for 2 days, is she ok?”
“I think so, at least that’s what she said.”
“I’ll probably call her after school again.”
“Okay bro, see ya later.”
“Bye.”
After school when I got home I immediately called Sarah.
-ring-ring-ring
“Hello?”
“Hey.”
“Hi, what’s up?”
“Why weren’t you at school today?”
“I was at the doctor again.”
“Are you sick?”
“Ummmm….. I have to go my mom’s on the other line”.
“I’ll wait….” I explained.
“Look Kyle I think we need to break up.”
“What?!?”
“It’s the best thing to do right now.”
“Why?”
“Goodbye Kyle.”
She hung up on me, great. I decided to call Josh. I needed to tell him about me and Sarah.
-ring-ring-ring-
“Hello?”
“Hey dude, it’s Kyle.”
“Oh hey, what’s up?”
“I called Sarah.”
“Yeah what did she say?”
“She broke up with me.”
“Really?”
“Mhmmm.”
“Sorry man.”
“It’s fine, it’s just I don’t know why she’s acting so weird.”
“Well you know girls man, sometimes they can have the biggest mood swings, she’ll befine in a couple of days.”
“What do you mean she’ll be fine, she’s not sick or anything.”
“Yes she is, she checked into the hospital yesterday, didn’t she tell you?”
“Ummmm… no, what’s wrong with her?”
“You should probably go visit her.”
“Why? Can’t you tell me?”
“It would be best if you went and visit her Kyle.”
“Ok, I’ll call you later bro.”
“Ok bye.”
I got my mom to drive me to the hospital and see Sarah. When we got there my mom sat down in the silenced waiting room and I went to the front desk.
“I would like to see Sarah Bentley please.”
“Sure, Room 114, follow me.”
I followed the lady to Room 114 she opened the door for me and left us alone. Sarah was laying in her hospital bed and turned her head to see me.
“What are you doing here?”she asked.
“I’m here to see you and figure out what’s going on, you told me you weren’t sick.”
“I know, I didn’t want you to know, who told you?”
“Josh but that doesn’t matter, what’s wrong with you?”
“I have cancer and I’m on life support,” she explained.
“Oh my, I’m so sorry,” I wiped a tear from my face.
“I wanted to tell you. But I couldn’t.”
“Why didn’t you?”
“Because I didn’t want to hurt you.”
“You could never hurt me.”
“I love you more than anything. I would give you the world in a heartbeat. I would die for you and take a bullet for you,” she cried.
“I love you too but why did you break up with me?”
“Young man, visiting hours are over,” the nurse exclaimed.
The boy leaves her and later that night she is taken off of life support and dies. The next day Kyle was found on the ground in the woods with a gun in his hand. In the other hand lay a note. It read….

“I told her I would take a bullet for her, just like she said she would die for me.”
Regards, 
Kyle

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! I am like gonna cry! That is so touching but really really sad! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete